The automotive and insurance industries come together in Munich: a digital ecosystem with radiant influence around the globe is growing around these two core industries.
85748 Garching bei München
Tel.: +49 (0)89 189 469-1115
Grafinger Straße 6
Dr. Florian Mann
Tel.: +49 (0)89 995299-22
Bavaria and the greater Munich area constitute one of the most important innovation centres in Europe. The automotive industry, which accounts for 28% of total revenue, and the insurance industry, with more than 100,000 employees, represent the strongest sectors of the regional economy. These are all good reasons to establish two Digital Hubs in Munich: the Digital Hub Mobility and the Digital Hub InsurTech. In the hubs, established companies and founders work together to promote the digital transformation of products and services. The two focal points Mobility and InsurTech almost automatically connect themselves, as new mobility concepts need new insurance models.
The InsurTech Digital Hub Munich connects players from the business world and the scientific community, as well as from the entrepreneurial scene. These players are given the requisite resources to make use of the full potential of new business models. Concepts like the InsurTech Meetup and the W1 Forward InsurTech Accelerator bring together both new and established players and provide them with concrete opportunities to collaborate and drive innovation in the digitisation of the insurance sector.
- Supporters: INSURTECH HUB MUNICH E.V. in cooperation with WERK1
- Focal points of work: IoT, Industry 4.0, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Health, Mobility, Smart Cities, Asset Management and Cybersecurity
- Partners: ADAC-Schutzbrief Versicherungs-AG, Allianz SE, ARAG, Die Bayerische, Generali Deutschland, HUK-Coburg, LV 1871, Münchener Verein Versicherungsgruppe, Munich Re, NÜRNBERGER Versicherung, Versicherungskammer Bayern, WWK Lebensversicherung a.G., Wayra and Treefin.
At the Digital Hub Mobility, partners from the established industries join forces with start-ups and city municipal councils to develop new mobility solutions. Through the ‘Citizen Mobility’ format, the Digital Hub has created an agile implementation platform to strengthen collaboration between these actors. Additionally, at the Digital Product School, cross-functional teams build digital products that solve mobility problems. The Digital Hub is a driving force behind mobility projects and organises regular events to foster networking in the mobility scene.
- Supporters: UnternehmerTUM
- Focus: flexible and networked mobility
- Partners: Audi, BMW, Daimler, Facebook, Nokia, SAP, Stadtwerke München, ADAC, AISIN AW, Infineon, TÜV Süd.